Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Adventures - Joshua Tree

I've always wanted to go to Joshua Tree. Even before I started modeling, I saw pictures from the park and was mystified by the strange, outer-worldly beauty of those trees and the landscape that surrounded them. I had never really seen the desert before, except for when I was in my senior year of high school and the boyfriend and I flew out to Arizona for spring break and we drove from Scottsdale to Flagstaff. But still, we never really examined the landscape.

So I was delighted when I found out that I was not only going there once, but I was going there twice during my stay in Long Beach this summer! First with R Michael Walker, and then with David Winge.

Just because I'm funny that way, I'm going to feature David first and Mike in the future.





David and I got up at 3:30am to head out to Joshua Tree to be there by sunrise. We made excellent time, and even had to wait 15 minutes for the Starbucks in the town of Joshua Tree to open up and provide us with some Life Juice (at 5 in the morning, yes, coffee really should be considered Life Juice). We were a bit worried that it was going to be too hazy to get good light from the sunrise, but we were pleasantly surprised that the sunrise was quite clear for some time.





We worked from Sunrise to about 10:00am, before it got too hot. But in that time, David and I got some beautiful images, and we connected and collaborated really well. After the shoot, we went to Crossroads Cafe which had some amazing vegetarian fare, and great service.



I had a wonderful time with David, and I think that shows in our photos. I can't wait to get back out to California and work with him again!






______________________

David Winge.

2 comments:

Stephen Haynes said...

I've already mentioned how much I love the work you did with David, so I'll make it official here, too. Super!

Dave Levingston said...

Nice work!