Saturday, March 29, 2008

Erin



I met Erin last summer at a small coffeeshop in Dinkytown called Muddsuckers. We probably spent three hours there that first time, chatting about everything and anything, including how we use the same lip balm - Burts Bees. Yes, what a small world.

Since then, almost religiously we've been having biweekly movie and wine nights. Little did I know that she would turn into my best friend.

Even before I knew her personally, she was and has been my role model and has had an enormous influence on my modeling.

Today is her last day in Minnesota indefinitely. I am so grateful that I've gotten so close to her, and that I've gained a friend where I didn't have one before...but I'm still crushed. London is a long fucking ways away. But sooner than she thinks, I'll be at her door.


The long and winding road
That leads to your door
Will never disappear
I've seen that road before
It always leads me here
Lead me to your door.

The wild and windy night
That the rain washed away
Has left a pool of tears
Crying for the day.
Why leave me standing here?
Let me know the way.

Many times I've been alone
And many times I've cried,
Anyway you'll never know
The many ways I've tried.

And still they lead me back
To the long, winding road
You left me standing here
A long, long time ago
Don't leave me waiting here
Lead me to your door.


The Beatles, of course.




Danny better be fucking great to her, or I'll kick his ass.

It's nothing personal, Danny. ;)

--------------------
Matthew Scherfenberg.

Dave Swanson.

1 comment:

e-string said...

I don't know why I didn't find your blog until tonight.

This brought a tear to my eye.

I love you... you know that. We'll share a glass of Riesling as soon as this crazy (but shrinking, thankfully) world allows.

Write me soon?