Friday, November 6, 2009

Random Incident that Made My Night

Last night as I got into the car and turned on the stereo to 89.3 the current (my favorite radio station) I caught the tail end of Mark Wheat saying in his lovely british accent "...be caller number 10 and you'll win these pair of tickets."

I debated whether or not to call, because I had not heard the name of the band that they were giving tickets to, and I know that Mark would ask that if I was caller number 10 (because I had won a pair of tickets a couple weeks prior and he had asked if I knew what band I was getting tickets to), but I decided to anyway. So I call... and it rang through on the first try! Then I heard Mark say, "Thank you, you are caller number 7." And I said, "Okay, thank you." He replied with "Cheers. Have a good night."

Then, two songs later, they played one of my ultimate feel-good songs, "Bruises" by Chairlift.



I couldn't have been happier.


What did I realize from all this happening?

Try, even if you think you might fail. You'll be surprised how far the effort alone will take you. And even if you don't succeed, something marvelous will still happen, even if its not completely clear at that time. You just need to be open, optimistic, and mindful.



Chip posted this just a little while ago. This image captivates me. I can't pinpoint what exactly about it that keeps me entranced, but I think that that fact alone makes me love it even more.

_____________

Chip Willis.

1 comment:

Chip Willis said...

I feel the same about it. And the whole Bigfoot thing I got going on too.