Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Willow River



On the last day on our trip, Dave and I woke up at 5am to go shoot at Willow River State Park. I was really looking forward to shooting there, as the waterfalls and cascades are absolutely huge and gorgeous. Keep in mind that when we shot this image, there was a fisherman about 100 yard from us, no doubt more distracted by the fact that we were disrupting the fish then there's a young nude woman posing upstream. He didn't even look at us when we passed behind him on the way out.

An important note to mention: The hike in is pretty easy, but the hike out will definitely take your breath away, even if you crawl back.

---

I love being in nature, especially near water and in these wonderful settings. They are so peaceful and awe-inspiring. The roaring white noise of the water almost forces you to concentrate on your surroundings and to be in the moment.

I think I'll be taking Erin here. There definitely wont be enough hours in the day when she's here.

_________________

Dave Swanson.

1 comment:

Shadowscapestudio said...

I'm glad you decided to stay out one more day so we could shoot there.
I've done that hike out once this year, and once a year is enough for this old guy.