Thursday, August 7, 2008

flexibility is the key

And I have been stretching all of my mental and physical muscles.

I have quite a few physical examples I would love to share: results from my recent "box" shoot with Stephen Haynes. He describes his experience throughout his box sessions with 5 of his models in his blog. As with every session, Stephen provides excellent concepts in which to challenge me, and new ways to test out my posing skills and body awareness.

First we started on top of the box, on the glass plane.







Then inside the box:










Posing with(in) the box was more challenging than I had originally anticipated. As I think Stephen mentioned, there is a tendency to repeat poses in such a small space. But after adjusting to that, and some of Stephen's suggestions, I think I produced a few unique poses, albiet not the most flattering or aesthetically pleasing as far as lines and angles are concerned, but interesting as far as body form.

If any of you are familiar with my photographic taste, you'll note that I am very picky usually dont have this hard of a time picking "the best" (IMHO) in a set. I'll be leaving most of these to sit for my perusal as time helps me sort out the very best.

------------------

I received some great news yesterday. The following piece that I created with Todd Jerde (IMagus Digital Fine Art) will be in this year's State Fair Fine Art exhibition.


"Ascend"

I might go to the preview for both participating and nonparticipating artists and family and friends. Tuesday, August 19th, 5:30 - 7:30pm.

----------

Rollicking Frolicking Hiphoppity Funky Folkalicious.

Exercise your ears. Taste the music.

Local music, close friends. I'm not biased, it's the frovel love I need to share.


Lady Franklin.

Prospect & Deepsoul Dieties.

All are very entertaining live. That's how I prefer to first experience my local music.



----------

Again, Erin shows her excellence. This was during my last trip to Dubuque.



I love it. Thank you Erin.

3 comments:

Dave Levingston said...

Wow! You did a great job in Stephen's box! I'm also having a hard time picking a favorite, but I think I like the "inside" ones best. My picks would be 4, 6 and 9 from the top of the "inside the box" photos. But you really show your talent as a model in all of these.

Shadowscapestudio said...

Excellent work kiddo. I knew you and Stephen would do wonders with the box, but I did not expect such fine examples.
Congrads on the State Fair image.
It is a worthy piece.
Woooooohoooo!

Stephen Haynes said...

You already know how much I like your work on and in "The Box." Nice to see you are having a hard time narrowing them down.

And congrats on the State Fair photo. I'm a little upset, however, as you'll read in tomorrow's posting! LOL